Forget about Batman, I can picture so many film scenes shot in this cave home: Crocodile Dundee, James Bond, or any number of action-packed thrillers. This family home used to be a roller skating rink and nightclub. The back chamber still has the stage where Ted Nugent, Bob Seger, Ike and Tina Turner, the MC5 and many other bands performed. Recently, there were living quarters including bedrooms, bathrooms, and a kitchen added. The 17,000 foot home boasts 240 acres of cave, including interior springs, waterfalls, and even a 60 acre lake.
Square footage: 17,000 square foot interior (3 chambers: 3 bedrooms, laundry room, storage, bathrooms, party room (80 feet X 80 feet), 240 acres of cave, 60 acre lake inside the cave, 2.8 scenic acres, partially wooded, 3 freshwater springs, 14 waterfalls.
- Furniture, artwork and props as seen in the pictures
- Parking for trailers, trucks and cars
- Geothermal and passive solar energy keep the home comfortable year-round without a furnace or air conditioning. The home naturally stays a little cooler than the average above-ground home.
- Near shopping, dining and other conveniences
- Small airport in town, large airport in St. Louis
- Industrial dehumidifiers
- Interior lake (60 acre)